Sunday, November 13, 2011

Toilet Soup!


I'm finally doing it! I've been thinking for a long time that I needed to start a blog to transcribe the comings and goings, funny stories and precious moments that happen in our crazy, fun, and blessed home on a daily basis. It just so happens that this morning I was beckoned to stay home from church with two of the kiddos because of stomach aches. I was a bit bummed as the whole family would be serving as "teachers" in Zoey's two-year old class. But, alas, a stomach ache is nothing we can take to church. Needless to say, not five minutes after Matt left I had two wild hooligans running around the house feeling "all better". For the record, I really do think Levi's tummy was bothering him, he laid in bed awhile and truly wasn't feeling good. He can, at times, have a stomach flare up after eating and this morning I just couldn't say for sure if he had something more serious, as he laid in bed for quite some time. To the point, this surprise time at home gave me a little window to see if I could do what seemed an almost impossible task for a computer-illiterate mom....start a blog.

My mom has always told me I need to be writing down my "stories". Those cute, naughty, make-me-laugh/make-me-cry moments that happen all so often. So, Mom, this one is for you...

Not long after he got home from church with the other four kiddos, Matt announced, "Zoey is doing a better job being a mommy than you." (To my defense I was not blogging at that moment, I was getting a diaper for Zoey. I was on task. :) )

"Ty-Ty touch toilet! Ty-Ty touch toilet!" was Zoey's cry. Checking in on the matter, Matt found five match box cars deposited in the "bowl". This wasn't the first time today Matt fished one of his cars from the toilet; before church Tytus had discovered this fun toilet-bowl-car-game. This is the stage of development I call "toilet soup". It usually starts at about one year of age...can't remember when it actually ends. It's not the first time we've been through it.

Lord, have mercy on our plumbing!

1 comment:

  1. To avoid any plumbing issues Thanksgiving I will hide the toilet paper (only four sheets Levi) and baracade the bathrooms. Love, G Mocha P.S. Thankful for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete