Friday, November 18, 2011

Pioneer Potluck

Just a quick note about today. We had a fun "Pioneer Potluck" with our Friday School Crew. We've been studying Oregon History, and Luke and Levi have just finished reading Farmer Boy (Laura Ingalls Wilder book) for their literature class. Just for fun we did a potluck of somewhat "pioneer-ish" food and some of us dressed up. (Our fun duds, thanks to Auntie Melissa!) Zoey looked absolutely adorable. Granny got the hat she was wearing from the actual Little House on the Prairie (in Kansas), which is now a museum. Talk about the real deal! I kept thinking she looked like Mary off of that show.

I roasted a turkey yesterday for the potluck. Had a little "help" from Tytus. The turkey had been cooking for about two hours and I was thinking by then I should have been smelling it a little. I glanced at the oven dials, realizing that I had seen Ty touching them right after I put the turkey in. He must have thought it would be best to really slooow roast it. He had turned the oven down to 200. Let's just say, a 24lb. bird doesn't cook too fast at 200 degrees. In fact, I was just so thankful it really wasn't Thanksgiving Day, as that bird came out of the oven 4hours later than I had anticipated!

No comments:

Post a Comment